Thirst...

Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled...

I love the enthusiasm and bright-eyed simplicity and optimism of children. I wish we adults could recapture their spunk, their drive, their curiosity and wonder. Sometimes I think their clarity could cut through a lot of blockades that we encounter as adults.

Is week, I was discussing the complications of taking a passionate vision and translating it into action with a group of church folks. We worry about red tape and become frustrated when things take longer than we hope. We can't let go of our past experiences and the judgments we issue based on those.

It seems that moving forward requires a spiritual resilience - an ability to shed the weight of our jadedness and doubt to free fall into a space of clear-eyed faith and hope. I thirst for that resiliency and passion.

Comments