New...

When I pay attention, things show up.

Problem is, I usually have too much on my plate to really pay attention.

Because, well, you know...

There are dishes to wash and a husband to catch up with and books to read and papers to write and kids to drive and dinners to plan and laundry to do and Facebook to check. Next thing I know, I am falling asleep and waiting for the alarm to go off so I can start all over again.

Last spring, I went away by myself for a couple of blissful nights by the shore. I hung out in my tent at Cape Henlopen in Delaware. I had nothing but me time for sleep, reading, endless walks, deep breathing of ocean air. I journaled and whistled and generally just was. It was fantastic.

I need to find more time to set it all aside and pay attention. To my breath, to my body, to my soul. Because when I do, things show up.

New creation, for example.


Comments